Title: The Birth of Venus
Artist: Sandro Botticelli (Alessandro di Mariano Filipepi)
Medium: Tempera on Canvas
Period: Early Renaissance
Style/Genre: Mythological Painting
Notes & Analysis of the Artwork
The Red (Matrix) infused with pink hues tells of motherhood & affection.
- Welcomes the arrival of Venus (w/ love) from the divine green.
- Covering Venus, in kindness and warmth.
The Pink (Clam Shell) with grey undertones.
- Seen in the falling flowers and lightness of clam.
- Spiritual, feminine, and emotional connection to her arrival.
The Brown (Old Copper) connects the divine to the earth.
- Used with gold undertones.
- The mixture presents religion and fantasy.
The Greens (Axolotl & Camouflage Green) represent the divine depiction and dramatic effect.
- The watercolor not being blue, but green.
- Serves as transitional support and a second frame.
HEX, RGB, & CMYK Color Coding below! HEX | R-G-B | CMYK