Lé Arts Salon
Artist: Filippo Lippi | Lippo Lippi (Fra’ Filippo Lippi, O.Carm)
Year: c. 1443
Period: Early Renaissance
Style/Genre: Religious Painting
Notes & Analysis of the Artwork
The Blue (Cello) takes on a royal blue tone/hue.
- Peaceful and compassionate.
- Embodies motherhood qualities, seen in angels too.
- Trustworthy, god’s trust within Mary’s faith.
- A direct contrast to Mary & Angel’s interaction.
The Green (Willow Grove) tells of divine importance and royalty.
- It serves as the navigation to the piece.
- Connects the three arches, connecting all the figures to the heavens.
The Red (Spice) is a take on maroon that presents acceptance and hope.
- God’s acceptance of Mary’s conviction is shown through the angel.
- A warm and comforting color.
- Trust & acceptance, connection to Mary’s blue.
The White (Geyser) represents purity, innocence, and life.
- Jesus, the birth of pure innocence into the world.
- The purity that lies within Mary and Joseph.
- A new start/chance presented into the world.
- White Dove in center symbolism.
- God/Holy Spirit in the center of the world/universe.
HEX, RGB, & CMYK Color Coding below! HEX | R-G-B | CMYK
Leave a Reply