Title: Sacred and Profane Love (Amor Sacro and Amor Profano)
Artist: Titan (Tiziano Vecellio)
Medium: Oil on Canvas
Period: High Renaissance
Style/Genre: Allegorical Paintings
Notes & Analysis of the Artwork
The Coral (Raw Sienna) presents warmth and optimism.
- Blends with others or produce a welcoming and warm presence.
- In connection with white, tells the spirit of love.
The White w/grey undertones (Sisal) deliver innocence and purity.
- The embodiment of “profane love”.
- The beginning of purity, the presence of innocence.
The Green’s presence (Judge Gray) blends the painting’s cohesiveness.
- The dark tone tells of royalty and importance.
- Adds luxury and refinement to the background.
The Gold (Kumera) shows strength and the omnipotence of religion.
- Tells of the wealth and prestige of the figure.
- Presents confidence.
The –Dark Burgundy– tells of passion, energy, and sexiness.
- The embodiment of “sacred love”.
- Red attached to the nude, delivers sexiness.
- Spiritual and sexual desires.
HEX, RGB, & CMYK Color Coding below! HEX | R-G-B | CMYK