Title: The Virgin on the Rocks
Artist: Leonardo da Vinci (Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci)
Year: c.1483 – c.1486
Medium: Oil on Panel
Period: Early/High Renaissance
Style/Genre: Religious Painting
Notes & Analysis of the Artwork
The Cream (Laser) comes from the skin tones.
- Adds a light and feather touch to the entire painting.
- Represents strength and stability.
The Orange (Cognac) told with red hues, tells of devotion.
- Worn by the angel, provides guidance.
- soothes the painting.
The Green w/ black undertones (Outer Space) add emphasis.
- Presence of divine energy.
- A flair for dramatics.
- Adds to the mysterious motion of the painting.
The Black w/ blue undertones (Mirage) deliver mystery.
- Playing on human imagination
- Protection, engulfing of the painting.
HEX, RGB, & CMYK Color Coding below! HEX | R-G-B | CMYK