Title: Mona Lisa (Portrait of Lisa Gherardini, wife of Francesco del Giocondo)
Artist: Leonardo da Vinci (Leonardo di ser Piero da Vinci)
Year: c.1503 – c.1519
Medium: Oil on Panel & Wood (Poplar)
Period: High Renaissance
Style/Genre: Portrait Painting
Notes & Analysis of the Artwork
The olive greens (Irish Coffee) tell of luxury and drama.
- Adds the presence of luxury w/no jewelry and decoration.
- Emphasizes the dramatic tone of the background scenery.
The Orange (Bourbon) delivers emotion and approachability.
- Supporting the cognac adds another presence of humility.
- Heightens emotional and human expressions.
The Cognac (Hairy Heath) adds humility.
- Announces the presence of the humanistic touch.
The Black with red undertones (Graphite) tells of elegance and mystery.
- Adds Subtle and gentle touch.
- Color of no allegiance adds mystery to the smile
HEX, RGB, & CMYK Color Coding below! HEX | R-G-B | CMYK